It’s been more than a month I’m playing with MediaWiki. I have learned a lot of things.
In my last blog post, I had mentioned about running the MediaWiki instance locally. After spending some time I was able to configure Parsoid server successfully. The issue was MediaWiki parsoid developer setup configuration page had a different format of URI.
The good part is I have done all works which were there in my TODO list of last blog post. In fact, I have done more than that.
Now, I have good knowledge on how to setup MediaWiki locally and run VE (also configured with parsoid server). I can also help other if they face any issues.
I discussed with James Forrester regarding our extension and took some feedback from him. He pointed me to some of the hurdles which I would face while building Collaborative Editor extension.
The workflow of my extension is also done. Cristian helped me in designing the workflow of extension.
* I tried out different VE extensions just to get used to how extensions are build.
* VisualEditor provides a powerful API through which we can build our extensions on top of it.
* I tried out OO.ui to add an icon within VE so that user can enable collaboration by clicking on it.
* Now, I’m working on APIs listen to behavior of cursor inside the VE, so that all the changes made will be seen by others in real time.